As Creditwest Bank Ltd. (“The Bank”), we would like to inform you about our personal data processing activities in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Law on Protection of Personal Data (PPD Law)
You agree that the personal data requested in all transactions you will carry out with our Bank will be used and transferred within the framework of KVKY Law (Law on the Protection of Personal Data)
- Identity of the Data Controller: Creditwest Bank Ltd. (“The Bank”) has the title of data controller in under PPD Law. The Bank, as the Data Controller, pays utmost attention to the security of your personal data. With this awareness and for the purposes stated below, all kinds of personal data of yours are processed, recorded, stored in accordance with the laws and principle of honesty, and transferred/disclosed to third parties, limited to the purpose for which they are processed, within the limits permitted by the legislation and with full understanding of our responsibility.
- Purpose of Processing Personal Data: Your personal data will be processed within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in PPD Law in order to fulfil your contracts and instructions; to make the necessary evaluations for the services provided; to make credibility assessments; to ensure compliance with banking legislation, insurance legislation, legislation on the prevention of money laundering, capital market legislation, tax legislation, risk monitoring and information obligations; to ensure compliance with information sharing, reporting and informing obligations of Card Plus Credit Card Centre, TRNC Central Bank, Financial Crimes Unit, TRNC Banks Association, TRNC Currency Exchange and Development Fund Affairs Department and other authorities; to fulfil the of information and document retention obligations set by legal legislation; to prevent fraud and ensure security; to carry out the planning and statistical activities required by our bank, determine and implement our bank’s commercial and business strategies; to execute our finance, communication, market research and purchasing operations; to maintain the in-bank system and application management operations; to manage our legal processes and implement social responsibility projects; and to provide uninterrupted better and reliable services.
Within the framework of contracts made with third real or legal persons who have a business relationship with our Bank or activities carried out together, your personal data may be processed in order to fulfil our Bank’s legal and commercial obligations arising from the contracts; establish rights; protect rights, and execute commercial and legal evaluation processes, legal and commercial risk analysis and financial affairs.
- Persons to whom Processed Personal Data can be Transferred and Purpose of Transfer: The Bank may transfers your personal data processed within the scope of the above-mentioned purposes to its employees, officers, auditors and consultants, independent audit companies, affiliates and group companies of the Bank, in accordance with the provisions of the legislation and in order to provide the products or services of the Bank and to provide the products or services in a reliable and uninterrupted manner; to maximize customer satisfaction, make payments, and fulfil various transactions regarding the aforementioned services; to execute and develop operations, the aforementioned products and services or different products and services. The data transfer can also be made for the purposes of promotion, marketing, advertising and campaign activities, informing you about opportunities, campaigns and other services, fulfilling the requirements of the contracts concluded with you, keeping statistics, making in-bank plans, and performing marketing and information research activities. In addition, the Bank reports the information required in accordance with the relevant legislation and the information requested by the public authorities to the authorities in order to comply with the Bank’s disclosure obligations and to the extent necessary. Your data transferred within the scope of this article may be obtained, recorded, stored, preserved, changed, rearranged, disclosed, transferred, taken over, classified, processed or prevented from being used by third parties, in accordance with the personal data protection legislation.
- Data Transfer Abroad: Your personal data can be transferred by the Bank to persons and organizations abroad, by obtaining explicit consent in the light of the principles set by the Personal Data Protection Board (“Board”) Law or in the presence of situations stated in the law, without obtaining explicit consent and provided that the rules of the Law are complied with from people and organisations residing abroad and following the declaration of foreign countries with adequate protection to be determined by the Board only the persons and organizations residing in these countries and the above-mentioned persons and for the countries that are determined and declared with inadequate protection, it can be transferred only for cases where the data controllers in TRNC or in the relevant foreign country undertake in writing to provide adequate protection and the permission of the Board can be obtained in terms of the relevant transfer.
- Method and Legal Reason for Personal Data Collection: Your personal data may be collected verbally and/or in writing through the Bank’s call centres, websites, branches, or through secure electronic media and in accordance with contracts concluded for service performance. Your personal data collected in this process can also be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in the articles of law, within the scope of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in the PPD Law.
- Your Rights set by PPD Law: As the data owner, if you submit your requests regarding your rights to the Bank using the methods set out below in this Informative Text, the Bank will conclude the request as soon as possible and free of charge within 30 (thirty) days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. However, if a fee is stipulated by the Personal Data Protection Board, the fee in the tariff set by the Board will be charged. The rights you have in accordance with PPD Law are as follows;
- to learn whether your personal data is being processed or not,
- to request information about your processed personal data,
- to learn the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in accordance with its purpose,
- to learn the third parties to whom personal data is transferred in the country or abroad,
- to request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- to request the deletion or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the relevant article of the PPD Law,
- to request notification of the transactions made to third parties to whom personal data has been transferred,
- to object to the emergence of a result against the person himself by analysing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- to request the compensation of the damage in case of any damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
You may submit your request regarding your above-mentioned rights in writing to the Bank.