What is UPT?
Universal Payment Transfer (UPT) is a payment system for sending domestic and international money transfers without a bank account, in a cheap, fast and reliable way.
How does UPT work?
For money transactions to a name, a bank account or a credit card in TRNC, you can visit Creditwest Bank Branches. For transactions in Turkey, you can use PTT, UPT Branches or UPT Service Points. UPT accepts Turkish Lira, USD or Euro.
Sending money with UPT
Sending money to recipient’s name:
- Go to nearest Creditwest Bank Branch or any other UPT location.
- Fill out the Send Money Form.
- Give the transaction amount and fee to the cashier.
- Share the reference number of the transaction with the recipient.
For money transfers to a bank account or a credit card, having a reference number is unnecessary. These transactions will reach the recipient automatically.
Receiving money with UPT
Receiving money sent to your name:
- Go to a Creditwest Bank Branch or any other UPT location.
- Give your reference number and I.D. document to the cashier.
- Receive your money.
For money transfers sent your bank account or credit card, having a reference number is unnecessary. These transactions will reach you automatically.